Useless knowledge is always knowledge. And a bit of culture, however unusual, is always good to take to surprise your audience. So here are 17 strange and unusual things to know (or not) about your hair.
Ready to know everything about the life of your hair? Complete your knowledge of knowledge that is useless but still allows you to throw a lot of it away in the evening. Here are 17 strange and unusual things to know (or not) about your hair.
1 – 0.3 millimetres per day
This is the length that your capillary takes every day, the equivalent of a small centimetre per month. So if you miss your cut, be patient.
2 – Heat makes hair grow faster
Yeah, you see that heat wave there? She’s not your friend, no no no no. In fact, as the blood circulation is stimulated by the heat, your tics will grow faster. So if you miss your haircut, that’s when you should try.
3 – 30% longer when wet.
You’ve certainly noticed that your hair is longer when wet, it’s not an illusion. It’s 30% longer because of the weight of the water.
4 – You can lose up to 100 hairs a day.
It feels like more sometimes, especially with long capillaries. But in reality, we lose an average of 45 to 60 hairs per day, except in the fall, when, like leaves, they fall more (up to 100 per day).
5 – Keratin is found in animals
Our capillary is mostly keratin, so far we know. That said, we haven’t thought about it until we realized that this protein is also the main constituent of animal dander: hair, feathers, horns. In short, our mane is our own fur. We are all mammals.
6 – Your hair tells all about your bad habits
By studying your hair in detail, we can know what you have consumed over several months and what is therefore circulating in your veins. Drugs, alcohol, junk food, we know everything!
7 – It doesn’t tell us anything about your sex
They’re already revealing enough information as it is! In any case, it’s impossible to know your sex by studying your hair. You can tell if you are a drug addict or an alcoholic, but not if you are male or female. The structure is identical on both sides.
8 – Dark hair is the most common
It’s not a surprise so you’re likely to meet your beautiful dark brown or that bushy brunette you met on the subway. Still on a global scale, redheads are the rarest, representing only 1% of the population, and blondes, 2%.
9 – Your capillary is already dead
Anything beyond the bulb (the living root) is actually… dead. The hair shaft (your hair) is made of Keratin and is therefore inert as it is dead from dead. Stop believing the shampoo commercials that promise to bring your hair back to life…
10 – One hair disappears, another replaces it.
A new capillary starts to grow the instant the previous one is pulled out of its follicle. It is easier to understand why you are hairy again the moment you leave the beautician’s office. In fact, discover 15 reasons to let your hair grow back.
11 – At least 100,000 capillaries on your head
It’s the average number of hairs you have on your head. Blonds are supposed to have more (about 150,000) and redheads much less (90,000). We have a doubt.
12 – Goodbye split ends, hello trichoptilosis
If you sound like a scholar, don’t talk about pitchforks or split ends. You are suffering from a much more mysterious (and seemingly more mysterious) ailment: trichoptilosis.
13 – Baldness = -50% of capillaries
Yeah, for baldheads and bald wannabes, you’re in for a beating. Learn that if you start to see the top of your head, you’ve already lost 50% of your hair. That’s when baldness starts to show.
14 – 90% of your hair in action every day
Right now, 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% are in RTT (resting phase) or in retirement (ready to fall out).
15 – 5 years is the lifespan of a capillary
Five years is the life span of your hair. So if you want it to last, take care of it.
16 – Never get cellulite in your head thanks to your hair.
Since our head is the only part of our body that is not affected by cellulite, hair is a kind of thermal insulation replacement. Nature is well done. But what about bald people?
17 – One hair can carry up to 100g
Do the math: 100g x 100,000 to 150,000 hairs per head. So you can pull a truck with your bun or carry two elephants.
Now that you know more about your hair, maybe you’d like to know these 11 things about body hairs?!